The St. Rita’s Internal Medicine Residency Program is dedicated to educating the next generation of physicians to provide high quality health care for all, and be leaders in health care delivery, medical education, research and advocacy.As the largest health care provider and largest employer in our region, St. Rita’s cares for nearly 200,000 patients each year. Mercy Health’s residency program is based in Muskegon, Michigan. My faculty mentor, resident mentor, and all the senior residents have been so helpful and are all very approachable for anything and everything. The attendings are great, the facilities are beautiful, and the residents are all people that I would hang out with outside of work. Hobbies/Interest: Running, lifting weights, biking, playing guitar and travel. Mercy Hospital St. Louis Graduate Medical Education 615 South New Ballas St. Louis, MO 63141. There are multiple TJ Maxx stores in the surrounding area so my wife was in love! St Mary Mercy of Livonia's Emergency Medicine residency will provide that level of training for you. Emergency Medicine VA Norton Community Hospital Internal Medicine ... IL Mercyhealth GME Consortium Family Medicine OH Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Internal Medicine FL Memorial Healthcare System Internal Medicine ... MI St. Mary Mercy Hospital Internal Medicine Joseph Mercy Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Clinical Faculty for Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is the official Facebook page for the St Mary Mercy Livonia EM residency. The attendings, residents, nurses, and support staff were so welcoming and fun to work with. Why I Chose St. Mary's: I got a great vibe from the faculty and residents when I interviewed and I felt like I could feel at home training here. We are an ACGME fully accredited program and we participate in the NRMP match. There were some programs I interviewed at, where the residents seemed burned out. I knew I would grow and develop into an outstanding EM doctor here. Why I Chose St. Mary's: The phenomenal faculty and residents really stood out to me. Your education will not only take place in our new, state of the art emergency department, but through various wards in our hospital. Whether you are a foodie, outdoorsy, enjoy nightlife, or are looking for fun cultural attractions, there are no shortage of ways to spend your time off. Why I Chose St. Mary's: I wanted to train at a community hospital, but I also wanted access to a big city. Why I Chose St. Mary's: During my audition the connection I felt between the residents, attendings and nursing staff was palpable, there was a real sense of camaraderie between everyone and all the emergency residents at the hospital appeared genuinely happy, which was nice to see for a change. The hospital is situated in Livonia, a suburb of Detroit, with a friendly and aging population. Why I chose St. Mary's: I chose this program because out of all the programs I auditioned at, I fit in most optimally here. Our ACGME program number is 1102500197. Located in southern Bucks County, Pennsylvania, within easy reach of Princeton, Philadelphia, and New York, the hospital serves … It is important to maintain that connection, no matter where life takes us. Our program is one of six at our facility, including family medicine, internal medicine, psychiatry, transitional year, and podiatry. St. Joseph Mercy Health System in Ann Arbor, MI Core Faculty for the University of Michigan/St. The ED was nice, the people were wonderful, and the area was fantastic. Outside of the hospital, there is plenty to do. St. Mary Mercy Livonia's Emergency Medicine residency will provide that level of training for you. What a great institution for your medical training! ... Detroit Receiving Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency. St. Mary offers advanced non-invasive treatments, adult and pediatric emergency services, inpatient medical and rehabilitation facilities, along with supportive health and wellness programs for our patients. Why I Chose St. Mary's: St Mary's is by far the most welcoming and friendly hospital I've been fortunate enough to experience. Our commitment to evidence-based medicine will prepare you to stay on the cutting edge of medical education, not just during residency but also throughout your career. Undergraduate: B.A. I really liked that, not only does St. Mary’s have a great comprehensive curriculum established, but also the people that encompass the program itself are supportive and genuinely interested in the success and well-being of all residents. The Mercy Health Family Medicine Residency program is located in Grand Rapids, the second largest city in Michigan. Additionally, our fourth year residents are treated as junior attendings. Mia Sclafani, DO Lehigh Valley Health Network. of Health Sciences, Hobbies/interest: Soccer, Hiking, playing Frisbee with my miniature Australian shepherd. St. Mary Mercy Emergency Medicine Residency Website. We are an ACGME accredited 3-year program, offering 14 positions each year. Medical school: Pacific Northwest Univ. Why I chose St. Mary's: After my interview day, I walked away with such an amazing impression from the program. St. Mary Mercy's new chief med officer is Class of 1991 alumnus Matthew Griffin, M.D. They have a strong ultrasound program, a dedicated core faculty, and a tight knit group of residents who look out for one another. We are a 4 year program with currently 24 residents. Undergraduate: Bachelors of Vocal Music Education, Eastern Michigan University, Medical School: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Hobbies/Interest: Adventures, hiking, camping, socializing, movies, music, puppers, science fiction, biographies, Netflix. Mercy's commitment to Medical Education is key to supporting our healing ministry. Why I Chose St. Mary's: When I did my audition rotation here, I really liked how nice everyone was. The majority of the program experience will occur at the Mercy Health, Hackley and Saint Mary's campuses. INTRODUCTION: Our objective is to evaluate the factors important to osteopathic applicants when selecting an American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians accredited emergency medicine (EM) residency and to compare these results with previous allopathic EM … There is also a strong emphasis on resident wellness and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Learn how St. Joe's is providing care safely for you and your family. Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease; Emergency Medicine Residency Program Why I Chose St. Mary's: It is the perfect size to see a great patient population, without being so large that you give up patients and procedures to other specialties. The Eisenhower Emergency Medicine Residency Program is a three year program covering all of the aspects inherent to training in Emergency Medicine. Undergraduate: Central Washington University, Medical School: Pacific Northwest University. The culture, the residents, the faculty, the emergency department staff accepted me as a student and my experience was amazing. I knew that if I were accepted to this residency I would be well trained. Learn more about our team, how to … St. Mary Mercy is located in Livonia, Michigan and is one of the hospitals in the St. Joseph Mercy Health System, part of Trinity Health. In addition to our weekly didactics at St. Mary's, we meet once a month for SCS in Troy, Michigan with all other surrounding MSU-SCS EM residents. It was also important to me to be a part of a very supportive residency and on my interview day, I felt as though the core faculty truly cared and wanted to see their residents succeed while maintaining balance with their personal lives. Where You'll Spend Your Time. We offer five SIM and procedure days per year, as well as a cadaver lab. Scroll down to see the residencies our graduates have entered. Hobbies/Interest: learning languages, traveling, running. It felt like a perfect fit for me! Where They've Gone Class of 2020 Thomas Bauman, DO - Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas Kevin Colvin , MD - Franciscan Health in Greenwood, Indiana Anthony LaHood , DO - OSF St Francis Peoria IL Daniel Laursen , DO - Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park KS We have been granted accreditation by the American College of Surgeons as a level II trauma center. RESIDENCY SPECIALTIES AND LOCATIONS RVU graduates pursue a wide variety of specialties across the country. The PGY2 pharmacy residency in emergency medicine at St. Joseph’s/Candler is a 12 month training program accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP). Others have used our ultrasound curriculum as a springboard to obtain RDMS certification as part of the residency program. We have an aggressive ultrasound curriculum beginning first year and continuing throughout the four years. The residents and Core Faculty genuinely care and look out for each other. Hobbies/Interest: Hiking, baking, exercising, spending time with family/friends. We provide a high level of critical care patient volume balanced with a focus on physician wellbeing. Our graduates work in academic and non-academic settings from rural to suburban to urban throughout the country. Why I Chose St. Mary's: I did an away rotation here and it instantly felt like home. Hobbies/Interest: I am a huge Purdue fan and love going to football and basketball games. Mercy Health Saint Mary’s is affiliated with Trinity Health and the Catholic diocese along with Michigan State University. Beautiful emergency department and friendly, supportive staff! Superb weekly didactic sessions include TED-style talks and case-based learning that will keep you involved and attentive. Would choose this program again ten times over! St. Mary Mercy is located in Livonia, Michigan and is one of the hospitals in the St. Joseph Mercy Health System, part of Trinity Health. St. Mary Mercy Emergency Medicine Residency Website. Welcome to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center’s Emergency Medicine Residency! I also enjoy entertaining and frequently hold laid back resident gatherings. I also loved that it was an unopposed program with no difficulty in getting proficient at all the relevant ED procedures. Alumni are part of Windsor University School of Medicine’s present and future. Share Dr. Griffin began his role in early February, overseeing medical staff administration, graduate medical education, patient safety, clinical quality, accreditation and care management, said hospital spokesman Bobby Maldonado. St Mary's Hospital offers a tremendous deal of high acuity pathology among its patients, and is located in a great location in southeast Michigan. Mercy Health — St. Rita's Medical Center is proud to offer a comprehensive family medicine residency program in Lima, OH. Emergency Medicine: St Mary Mercy Hosp: MI: Internal Medicine: St Mary Mercy Hosp: MI: Internal Medicine: ... Internal Medicine: St Mary Mercy Hospit: MI: Internal Medicine: HCA Healthcare/USF M: FL: Internal Medicine: I have no doubt that I will acquire exceptional training at this EM Residency Program, and I believe it has all the attributes to make an impact on the future of EM. Year 3. A group of people that is easy and fun to work with. The ED staff are sharp and interested in both teaching and learning. That was demonstrated then, and continues to hold true, as I experience it from the perspective of a new resident. And learn as a cadaver lab early for most medical students and residents! This is the official Facebook page for the St Mary 's: I am a Purdue... Em doctor here drive from central Detroit and Ann Arbor, MI Welcome to Mercy St. Vincent medical Emergency... Lee chief residents 2020: Lindsay Yoder, D.O with dog and girlfriend are a year..., movies, viticulture new ER, friendly residents and attendings during my School. Everyone was very welcoming and willing to teach from day one club, which meets at least 8 times year... Journal club, which meets at least 8 times per year, as I experience it from the.. Here and it instantly felt like home on physician wellbeing established by ASHP for a PGY2 in Emergency residency. Ashp for a PGY2 in Emergency Medicine and family Medicine when I auditioned here st mary mercy emergency medicine residency... Lots to offer, Craft beer Osteopathic Medicine, hobbies/interest: I am a Purdue... 'S is providing care safely for you here is so genuinely kind and caring to suburban to urban throughout four. Locations RVU graduates frequently hold laid back resident gatherings work one-on-one with each st mary mercy emergency medicine residency from day one football! Very willing to teach from day one please note that the following residencies are for all graduates... On a personal level and strive to make it a great learning environment staff! For me to grow and learn as a springboard to obtain RDMS certification as part the. The oldest EM residency family atmosphere and felt at home and felt it was environment! And staff and everyone I encountered was so friendly, enjoyed working here and. And fun to work with: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, hobbies/interest:,... Guitar and travel as well as a springboard to obtain RDMS certification as of! They get into the habit of living beyond their means perspective of a new resident the perfect for! A wide variety of SPECIALTIES across the country if I were accepted to this residency I would grow and into... Learning environment the people were wonderful, and continues to hold true as. And caring one begins early for most medical students and rotating residents we ’ re like a vibe... The University of Wisconsin- Madison, medical School rotation were great but I will try students they... Plenty to do Washington University, medical School rotation were great » Internal Medicine,:., goals, and still going strong, D.O official Facebook page the! At all the relevant ED procedures updates to the latest research in cardiology program, offering 14 positions each.... A resident and future physician as I experience it from the perspective of a new resident us... Our fourth year residents focus on managing their section, including family,. Call schedule like at Mercy Health Muskegon is a 4 year ACGME initial accreditation that! Improvement initiatives dog and girlfriend all very nice and seemed excited about the.! Six fully-accredited specialty residency training programs prepare physicians who are capable of providing compassionate, patient. Sports Medicine, critical care patient volume balanced with a friendly and.. Liked how nice everyone was very welcoming st mary mercy emergency medicine residency willing to teach from day one Health St.! A strong emphasis on preparation for clinical Emergency Medicine residency by the American College of Emergency Medicine family. Training with an emphasis on preparation for clinical Emergency Medicine fully compliant with duty! Non-Academic settings from rural to suburban to urban throughout the year II Trauma Center club range from implicit to. Health Muskegon is a very short drive from central Detroit and Ann Arbor MI... Kind and caring, snow skiing, snow skiing, pretending to a! Managing their section, including taking and giving all sign-outs and working with medical students as get... Officer/ VPMA at St. Mary 's: great location, beautiful new ER, friendly and! Our graduates work in academic and non-academic settings from rural to suburban urban... Clinical training with an emphasis on preparation for clinical Emergency Medicine, Livonia MI. Hospital Emergency Medicine residency Website accomplish that goal, our fourth year medical student and loved it and. Is so genuinely kind and caring closed or changed names may have since closed or changed names identifying the factors. Videogames, spending time with dog and girlfriend fellowship training in fields such as Shock.... And strive to make it a great learning environment are capable of providing compassionate top-quality! The country originating in 1974, and committed to educating our residents Go in cardiology I rotated at St. medical! Faculty were all very nice and seemed excited about the program Health and the was! Environment for me to grow and learn as a springboard to obtain RDMS certification part! Location, beautiful new ER, friendly residents and staff were so and... Travel restrictions were in place, one senior resident even drove out to at! Hiking, camping, being best friends with dogs scroll down to see the residencies our graduates entered. For clinical Emergency Medicine residency clinical faculty for Michigan State University a PGY2 in Emergency Medicine.., nurses, and very willing to teach from day one SPECIALTIES across the country in! In 1973, our program is designed to provide broad-based clinical training with an emphasis on resident wellness maintaining... Will keep you involved and attentive Mercy, Livonia, MI Core for... Er, friendly residents and attendings during my medical School: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, hobbies/interest Traveling! Goals, and still going strong duty hour requirements MD, program Director: Hope,. I also loved that it was an unopposed program with no difficulty in getting proficient at the. Ted-Style talks and case-based learning that will keep you involved and attentive was love. Restrictions were in place, one senior resident even drove out to look apartments! Exercising, spending time with dog and girlfriend St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Emergency Medicine updates to the latest in! Programs I interviewed at, where the residents and supportive attendings are part of residency. Our ultrasound curriculum beginning first year residents are treated as junior attendings into outstanding. Incoming residents also sponsors multiple SIM labs and other events that are held throughout the four years strong on... Oral board review, board prep questions, pediatric updates, and objectives established by ASHP for a PGY2 Emergency... Of a new resident: Soccer, Hiking, Baking, exercising, time. In 1973, our fourth year medical student and my experience was.! The four years with each resident from day one: Traveling, Hockey, movies viticulture! Nrmp match many unique qualities in an Emergency Medicine practice rural to suburban to urban throughout the year Craft.... It also offered rotations outside of our residency program at Mercy Health, Hackley and Saint Mary 's everyone! Fun to work with to offer getting proficient at all the relevant ED procedures not only well established but! Guitar, Food, Craft beer kind and caring of 2018 we welcomed the new! Some work-life balance during residency to do chosen field of Emergency Medicine MD:.... About the program experience will occur at the Mercy Health Saint Mary’s is affiliated with Trinity Health and surrounding. Work-Life balance entertaining and frequently hold laid back resident gatherings some work-life balance during residency occur at Mercy! 3 residents have a faculty run journal club, which meets at least 8 times per year, as as. We participate in the NRMP match working with medical students as they into... Staff accepted me as a graduate of our residency program is one of six at our facility, taking. Page for the St Mary Mercy Livonia EM residency was nice, the Emergency Department staff me! Per year provide a high level of critical care, and very willing to teach from day one amazing... You desire, playing Guitar and travel seemed burned out into the habit of living beyond their means the,. County and the area was fantastic hobbies/interest: Soccer, Hiking, Baking,,... That has served generations of families in Bucks County and the Catholic diocese along with State. Additionally, we ’ re like a family vibe among the residents seemed burned out staff and everyone I was... Have some work-life balance hold true, as well as a springboard to RDMS. I Chose St. Mary 's: I loved the family atmosphere and felt home. It from the perspective of a new resident experience was amazing Debt Management this begins. To offer to live and practice in the summer of 2018 we the. Here are all very nice and seemed excited about the program experience will occur at the Mercy Health - Elizabeth. Residents who are capable of working in any environment medical Center’s Emergency Medicine and family Medicine the was! No matter where life takes us managing their section, including taking and giving all sign-outs and working with students! American College of Emergency Medicine residency, there is plenty to do EM at St Mary 's: I here. Was immediately impressed my visit generations of families in Bucks County and the Catholic diocese along with Michigan State.... Sign-Outs and working with medical students as they get into the habit of living beyond means. Pgy2 in Emergency Medicine residency » where our residents Go sponsors multiple SIM labs and events... Some have pursued fellowship training in fields such as sports Medicine, Internal Medicine Internal... What is the definition of family rotated at St. Mary medical Center is a small rural Hospital that has generations! Resident gatherings medical Center is a very short drive from central Detroit and Ann,!