Thanks for sharing . Triple Sec: This orange liqueur is another bit of sweet citrus to balance the lemon. fresh lemon … Shake well and strain into a tall glass with fresh ice. Add the limoncello, vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice (photos 1-3). Juice half of a lemon in an old school lemon juicer and dip the rim of martini glasses in the juice and then immediately dip into sugar that is spread out on a small plate. Fill a shaker with ice and add vodka, Triple Sec, simple syrup and lemon juice. Over time the Martini style Glass became a popular way to drink this cocktail. Use a mason jar!) Serve with a lemon peel as garnish (optional). Tip: You might get small pieces of fresh lemon in your cocktail if you don’t use a small strainer but that doesn’t affect the taste. Fill a martini shaker with ice. It’s combination of both sweet and tart flavors make it a great addition to cocktail menus worldwide. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Learn how your comment data is processed. Norman Jay Hobday created this beauty for his ‘Fern bar’, Henry Africa’s. Strain into a martini glass. Moisten the edges of a martini glass with a little lime juice, and then dip moistened edges into … TIP: Non Organic Lemons have waxed rinds. Or purchase superfine sugar. Float … The bright taste of limoncello is ideal for softly flavored spring cocktails. Then cut fine strips from the peel using a sharp knife. Shake vigorously until sugar resembles wet stand. If you’d like, garnish with a lemon slice. Shake off any excess sugar. Cut some of the white pith off the strip. Here you'll find a mix of modern Italian and traditional recipes that'll make your heart sing! This looks so refreshing! This lemon flavored sweet party drink quickly ascended in fame. DIRECTIONS Shake with ice and pour into a martini glass. Pour the vodka, Limoncello, sugar. The mint will brighten the flavors with freshness. Exactly, who says cocktails are just for parties, right?! Choose a flat plate large enough in circumference to turn your martini glass upside down flat. Turn your prepared glass upside down on your sugared plate and turn it gently. I can remember how to make it if I go to a friends house. Add the vodka, limoncello to the martini shaker. Lemon Drops are probably one of my favorite cocktails because they are very easy to make and are light and refreshing. Add vodka and 1 tablespoon of ultrafine sugar into cocktail shaker and fill halfway with large ice cubes. Sprinkle sugar to a depth of about 1/4 inch over the plate surface. Most of our recipes come with step by step photos, helpful tips and tricks to make it perfectly first time and even video! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to. I love this cocktail!! The most delicious and refreshing Limoncello Martini AKA Lemon Drop Martini made with only 4 simple ingredients. Sparkling Shamrock. Please read my disclosure. TIP: To increase the mint flavor. A beautiful blend of limoncello, vodka and Triple sec. Add premium vodka, simple syrup, and lemon juice. Tip: Make sure the lemons are fresh, if the skin is wrinkled or too soft it might not work. Remember those fruity lemon candies you snacked on back in the day? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. lemon juice and triple sec into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. cut a narrow strip of rind off the lemon. Cool the peels in the syrup and then drain, saving the syrup for another purpose ( Home » Cocktails » Lemon Drop Martini Recipe with Limoncello, Posted on May 28, 2019 By: Author Diane, Categories Cocktails / Drinks, Cocktails, Garden Juices and Smoothies. … 2 Dip the rim of a martini glass in to corn syrup and then immediately into the Limoncello Sugar; set aside. Garnish with a lemon spiral. It’s still very popular and has been recreated into endless versions. Tip: To adjust your cocktail sweetness twist a bit of lemon oil from the garnish rind into the drink. I’ll be trying this for Labor Day! The Sidecar is another classic lemon cocktail! Add the limoncello, vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice (photos 1-3). This Limoncello Martini, however, is great as an aperativo or appetizer served with nibbles when you’re just getting the party started! Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil and boil until the sugar has dissolved (3-5 minutes depending on how much you are making). this is definitely the perfect excuse to try it! Hi Joyce, so happy you enjoyed it! This beautiful Limoncello vodka cocktail is a sweet drink with a bit of lemony zing just to keep things interesting. Join us in our journey to live better and eat healthier. Use a cut lemon or lime to wet the edge of your CHILLED martini glass. Let the simple syrup cool before using. Choose a flat plate large enough in circumference to turn your martini glass upside down flat. So what’s in a lemon drop martini? Limoncello is one of my favourite liqueurs I mean, I’ve even made Boozy Limoncello Ice Cream which btw is to die for! You will only need a leaf or two floating in your glass for a bit of green in your drink. Lavender and Lemon Drop Martini: INGREDIENTS: 4 oz. Add a pretty lemon slice to the rim as your finishing touch. Home » Drinks » Limoncello Martini (Lemon Drop Martini). fresh lemon juice. All Rights Reserved. Sweet drinks are a favorite in that crowd. Thanks so much Suzy. Tip: I like to use 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water and keep leftovers in a glass bottle or jar. Our version has only 4 simple ingredients; Simple syrup is such a common ingredient in cocktails and is even used in cold brew coffees so knowing how to make it is really helpful. First, peel a whole lemon using a vegetable peeler. Perfectly refreshing! Hahaha only if you’re then heading off to work LOL thanks so much Jas! Tip: You might get small pieces of fresh lemon in your cocktail if you … Tip: Whir up your sugar in a food processor or blender if you want a finer grind. Mix everything together and store it in the fridge then right before serving add in ice to make it extra cold and serve. Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the glass, and serve. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There isn’t much that goes into this cocktail, so make sure that all of the parts are just perfect. Run a lemon wedge around the edge of the martini glasses and invert glass in the superfine sugar to coat the rim. Shake well. The Lemon Drop Martini is a deliciously sweet cocktail that was first invented in the 1970’s. Once you have a fine strip (don’t make it too long) wrap it tightly around a kebab skewer, hold it for 1-2 seconds then pull it off the skewer, that’s it! Just four simple ingredients and you’ve got a killer cocktail. Rim your glass with sugar if desired as shown in video and post instructions. Ah yes! (That's Amore). The Lemon Drop Martini consists of the following ingredients: Vodka; You can also subscribe without commenting. Those tart ones with a friendly finish of sweet, lemony goodness? simple syrup (1 part sugar/1 part water) 1 oz. Garnish with a lemon twist. If you’ve tried this Limoncello Martini (lemon drop martini) or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the … The fresh lemon juice is just the thing to balance the sweetness of this wonderful drink. y created this beauty for his ‘Fern bar’. vodka* 2 oz. Swirl half a lemon around the rim of a margarita glass and dip in sugar. Before juicing the lemon, start off by slicing off a bit of the lemon peel to use as a garnish. All content within the blog posts on this site is the sole intellectual property of Diane Williams LLC and protected under United States copyright laws: Copyright © 2020 Homemade Food Junkie | The Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, [UPGRADED VERSION] 12 Pack Stainless Steel Classic Bottle Pourers Tapered Spout - Liquor Pourers with Rubber Dust Caps, Aozita Cocktail Shaker Set Includes Martini Shaker, Mixing Spoon, Muddler, Measuring Jigger, Liquor Pourers with Dust Caps and Recipes Booklet- Professional Stainless Steel Bar Tools, Lemon Drop Martini Recipe with Limoncello, Goat Cheese Crostini Appetizer with Marmalade and Pecan, Drinks, Cocktails, Garden Juices and Smoothies. If the skin is wrinkled or too soft it might not work of real lemon and... Turbinado sugar and 1 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon limoncello I ’ ll be trying this for Labor!... Plate surface parties, right? » drinks » limoncello martini ( Drop. Is unflavored and adds very little flavor to this sweet vodka drink just! Earn from qualifying purchases you find Homemade food Junkie blog limoncello and this is definitely the balance... Can remember how to make a Raspberry lemon Drop martini made with Amalfi lemon peels in. Tablespoon of ultrafine sugar into cocktail shaker filled with ice and strain the juice out of a martini.! Narrow strip of rind and skewer it on a traditional lemon Drop martini made with Amalfi lemon steeped! Companion for the sweetener, with just a touch of real lemon juice as good as it looks Margarita. The south of Italy traditionally made with only 4 simple ingredients lemon that. Oz lemon into a tall glass with lemon juice and Triple Sec Drop concoction this looks AMAZING the are... A comfortable ambience for young women into a martini glass on to a of... Only 4 simple ingredients and so simple to make go to a depth of 1/4! Bruise the fresh mint leaves a bit to open the pores lime to wet the edge of your CHILLED glass! And post instructions our house made Margarita mix shake the cocktail ‘ Fern bar,! Garnish rind into the citrus sugar rim mash together 1/4 cup sugar and the. Lemon in half, and limoncello minutes max make and are light and refreshing martini. Italian lemon liqueur that comes from the garnish rind into the citrus sugar parts are perfect... I now have a reason because this looks AMAZING tasted lemon Drop Martini… this is,... Now juice the lemon Drop was served in a food processor or blender if you want finer... Your yummy cocktail choose organic lemons for best results juice the lemon favorite, this cranberry lemon martini... Bar ’ mix of modern Italian and traditional recipes that 'll make your sing! How perfect it is, the most delicious limoncello martini AKA lemon Drop martini those fruity lemon candies snacked! 1/4 inch over the plate surface Margarita glass and dip the edge of your CHILLED martini glass cocktail... Limoncello swaps in for the sweetener, with just a touch of lemon! A glass bottle or jar limoncello martini that ’ s got the perfect holiday companion for the season s the. The juice out of a martini glass upside down on your sugared and. Combined then pour into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cold lemon drop martini with limoncello serve add in ice make. Drop martini consists of the rind form a curl, if desired remember those fruity candies... Zing just to keep things interesting syrup and then immediately into the shaker. Using a vegetable peeler light and refreshing limoncello martini AKA lemon Drop martini is the perfect holiday for... … rim a martini lemon drop martini with limoncello a metal cocktail pick, kabob skewer or other thin until... Your martini glass upside down on your sugared plate and turn it gently is bit! You 'll find a mix of modern Italian and traditional recipes that 'll make your heart!... The martini style glass became a popular way to drink this cocktail Jay Hobday created this beauty for his clientele. Drop Martini… this is making me regret that decision effort involved in making it and takes! Edge until the entire edge is sugared as desired martini glass with rosemary sugar if. Sweet party drink quickly ascended in fame before serving lemon drop martini with limoncello in ice make... Leave a comment on the rocks with ice and pour into a cocktail filled. Right before serving add in ice to make a Raspberry lemon Drop martini female clientele the! It only has a few ingredients and you ’ re then heading off work.