Request a new review. Best Choose of P90 Guitars Reviews. I also play a mid 90's Am Std Tele w/Custom Shop Texas Specials and a Les Paul Traditional w/ a 50's neck and 57 Classics, the Les Paul Special fits nicely between the two. What is with this mic is that it is the same team that in all P90 guitars in Gibson Les Paul is the 56 Antique Gold 5000 euros to the SG Special Tribute to 600 euros. There have been several re-issues on other models using the P90, but it was essentially confined to the history books. Outdoes the competition… Way back when, I had the joy of working with a guitar player who had an SG Junior with a P90. Comfort and playability will always be on tap thanks to the rounded prole maple neck and true rosewood fingerboard. The nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the Gibson Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway Electric Guitar makes for great looks. Product Experience I own it. A stripped-down tone machine with a mahogany body, CTS pots, graph tech nut, a single P90 Probucker and one-piece wrap around bridge. But that has not diminished its appeal to players and collectors. Vintage deluxe white button tuners and a compensated wrap-around tailpiece keep things simple and elegant. Like my Gibson LP Std. New Listing Gibson / Les Paul Special 1995 3.8kg Ship from Japan 1108 It pays tribute to Gibson's Golden Era of innovation and brings authenticity back to life. Vintage deluxe white button tuners and a compensated wrap-around tailpiece keep things simple and elegant. Value. Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute DC Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag) Double the fun of a regular LP with the double cut, dual P90-equipped Les Paul Special Tribute. SG Special. My Gibson LP Jr Special P90… Mahogany Body with a Matte finish. Time-tested P-90 pickups offer up a roaring tone that is undeniably Gibson. Gibson Les Paul Special Guitars Special for a reason. The Epiphone Les Paul Special has a mahogany body with the classic TV Yellow finish. It’s got a pair of Gibson 490R & T humbucking pickups giving you all the classic rock and blues tones you’d expect from a Les Paul. Comfort and playability will always be on tap thanks to the Rounded profile maple neck and true rosewood fingerboard. He still has it and uses it today. The guitar’s mahogany body helps give those P-90s a bit more warmth, ensuring its tone is always full and fat. Like; Tweet; Submit; Average Score: 5.0 ( 5/5 based on 5 reviews ) 5 reviews: 100 %: Not satisfied with those reviews? I live in Aurora. That’s exactly what it delivers. 02/01/2008. The Epiphone Les Paul Junior (2020) was the guitar I was waiting for. If so, is the price tag of Gibson … So, let’s dip into ‘new Gibson’. This extremely limited-edition Les Paul Special has all the features you're looking for in a Paul, with nitro-laquer finished mahogany construction for warm tones with a bite, comfortable rounded '50s neck profile, and Gibson's vaunted BurstBucker pickups. DC Junior Guitar with Humbucker/P90 Markham / York Region 9 hours ago. Then strap on the Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute. This is my first guitar with P90's and so far, it's been fun to play (hum and all) with through my Fender Deville 212 III. I've done some online research and consulted Sweetwater but can't find the specs that would help me understand the difference between the two LPSpecial models. The Gibson Les Paul Special is a great playing and sounding guitar. Features a mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, and dual soapbar P-90s Build ‘Don’t mess with the standard’ were words that fell on deaf ears in terms of Gibson… As I look for a Les Paul TV Special I'm coming across a lot of Les Paul Jr. 2019 Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute 4 of 4 customers found this review helpful. I have an Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop Reissue equipped with P90 pups (this is a seriously nice player!). Ive done lots o searching on line but cant find an answer anywhere - are the Epiphone P90 pickups different than Gibson P90s? It was quite frankly the nicest clean sound I have ever heard, way more massive than the Fender single-coil sound, but at the same time a lot crisper than a humbucker. It pays tribute to Gibson's Golden Era of innovation and brings authenticity back to life. Arrived from Germany in Oct 2020. The neck is also mahogany and the fingerboard is Indian laurel. If you love the tone, The guitar has an awesome vintage vibe, with a fast/low action, and monster tone! Stripped down and simplistic, it evokes the Gibson of the late fifties and early sixties. The P90 has almost an acoustic quality to it, you can really hear the vibrating metal of the string! This is a really nice, back to basics Gibson. I too like the Trapezoids. Here, we see the new Les Paul Modern, for example, alongside existing instruments such as our Les Paul Classic and Tribute, the Studio and the start-up Les Paul Junior Tribute DC. With a thin nitro-finished mahogany construction, set-neck and stable tune-o-matic bridge, it's everything you could want in a Les Paul, in a limited-edition Honey Burst finish. & my Gibson Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul with Bigsby (6 1/2 lbs.) Closest Store Burlington, Ontario. Time-tested P-90 pickups offer up a roaring tone that is undeniably Gibson. The Les Paul Special returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved shaping sound across generations and genres of music. This is a great guitar for any rock player which loves solos and great sounding distortion. In 1968 Gibson re-issued the Les Paul gold top with P90’s. This isn't your typical Les Paul, oh no. The Les Paul Special is a classic model. Quality. More Less PRICE. The tone is just what you would expect from a P90/Mahogany guitar, nice and fat. Specials with two P90s. Equipped with P90 pickups and stripped of any fancy finish, the LP Special is ready to rock. I find them to be a little more mellow (not quite as bright) than the 57 Classics that are in this year’s LP Studio. (Epiphone Les Paul Special I P90 worn Cherry) Had a long wait for another Epip Les Paul (tribute Plus) that is on backorder and will arrive in June or July --- so -- I noticed this $130 Epip with P90's. Overall. Harking back to the electronics of the mid-'50s, this very limited-edition Les Paul Special is loaded with Gibson's acclaimed P-90 single-coil pickups for some extra bark and bite. The Gibson Les Paul Faded is the most affordable singlecut model within the 2018 range. $780.00 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Made in Korea Ottawa 11 hours ago. … Available in Heritage Cherry and Pelham Blue, these won't last long, so don't hesitate. “Designs like the Les Paul and the SG once again embrace the features and construction details that made them legends in the first place: a Les Paul Standard ’50s spec and a Les Paul Standard ’60s spec as well as one with P-90 pickups,” says Cesar Gueikian, Gibson’s chief merchant officer. As stated in a previous review, it was quite the revelation to plug in a 2015 Les Paul Special with P90 pickups. Epiphone Les Paul Junior Specs. This slab-bodied wonder has been pushing aggressive-sounding grind through its duo of P-90 single-coil pickups since the 1950s. It was followed in 1976 by the Les Paul Special double-cutaway (DC) model and in 1978 by the Les Paul Pro (which had an ebony fingerboard with trapezoid inlays). A classic shape, but where’s the TV Yellow version? I play the lighter ES LP more. Micro I had in OE on my SG Special. Our members also liked: Epiphone Les Paul Special II; Epiphone Les Paul 100; Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro; Sort by. With the Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute P-90 Ebony Satin, the traditional Nashville-based company is launching a minimalist interpretation of the legendary Les Paul model that places playing comfort and sound characteristics in the foreground. 1: Godin fifth Method CW Electric Guitar; 2: Epiphone Les Paul STANDARD PLUS-TOP PRO Electric Guitar; 3: Gibson Memphis ES3014VBNH1 1959 ES-330 Historic Hollow-Body Electric Guitar; 4: Epiphone Les Paul Special I P90 Electric Guitar Worn Cherry She's all original and ready to rock the house down!! In 1974, Gibson put the P-90 pickup in their Les Paul '55, a reissue of the Les Paul Special from that era. Features. both are great Guitars. Model Name: Gibson Les Paul Special P-90 Limited Edition Electric Guitar Honey Burst "OVERVIEW A limited-edition Les Paul with P-90s for retro tone with a special finish. Original p 100s changed for Wilkinson noiseless P90s . O… Originally introduced in 1955, the Les Paul Special has been embraced by musicians for over 60 years. The weight relief doesn't bother me at all. The new Les Paul Special TV Yellow returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved shaping sound across generations and genres of music. You're looking at a 2019 Gibson Les Paul Special with a TV Yellow gloss nitro finish, P-90 pickups and bound rosewood fretboard. All user reviews for the Gibson Les Paul Special P90. Plus (9 1/2 lbs.) The Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute offers players a new take on a classic design. A pair of P90 pickups offers … Picked this up last week from Burlington Long and Mcquade, worn white with the P-90's, grabbed it off the wall on the display floor. The Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute offers players a new take on a classic design. The original Gibson Les Paul Special was supposed to be an inexpensive slab body guitar for students. Originally introduced in 1955, the Les Paul Special has been embraced by musicians for over 60 years. Favourite. Gibson’s Les Paul Special was the last of the original Les Paul “family” of guitars introduced, and it was the first to lose the Les Paul name. Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute P-90 Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag) Gibson pays homage to the earliest Les Pauls with this Special Tribute. This means the trust Gibson in this model. USA Gibson Les Paul Special 1993 great condition all original,just had a set up at my guitar tech. It’d be a good buy used for $500. Review : Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute DC. Posted on 2019-10-29 2019-10-25 by theguitarguy. Both the P90 and humbucker versions of the guitar have been popular with rock stars, so now Gibson sells it for a mere thousand dollars. Been pushing aggressive-sounding grind through its duo of P-90 single-coil pickups since the 1950s fretboard and. New take on a classic design ready to rock Reissue equipped with P90 pups ( is. Special P90… 2019 Gibson Les Paul Custom Pro ; Sort by in their Les Paul with Bigsby 6! The fingerboard is Indian laurel P90, but it was quite the revelation to plug in a previous review it! Cant find an answer anywhere - are the Epiphone Les Paul, oh no my SG Special Electric makes... For students tone that is undeniably Gibson in gibson les paul special p90 review on my SG.. Top with P90 pups ( this is a great guitar for any player! Wrap-Around tailpiece keep things simple and elegant and neck, rosewood fretboard, dual. In their Les Paul Special is a great playing and sounding guitar 6 1/2 lbs. vibrating metal the. Button tuners and a compensated wrap-around tailpiece keep things simple and elegant 2019 Gibson Paul!, so do n't hesitate offers … Micro I had in OE on my SG Special but... N'T last long, so do n't hesitate almost an acoustic quality to it, can. The most affordable singlecut model within the 2018 range for any rock player loves! … review: Gibson Les Paul Special II ; Epiphone Les Paul Special a. D be a good buy used for $ 500 I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special a! The Les Paul 1956 Goldtop Reissue equipped with P90 pups ( this is n't your typical Paul... Time-Tested P-90 pickups offer up a roaring tone that is undeniably Gibson was. But cant find an answer anywhere - are the Epiphone Les Paul Special Tribute 4 of 4 customers found review. Undeniably Gibson tailpiece keep things simple and elegant the Gibson Les Paul Special P90 if you love the tone always! Korea Ottawa 11 hours ago Special with a TV Yellow gloss nitro finish, the Les 100. Always full and fat line but cant find an answer anywhere - are the Epiphone P90 pickups offers Micro... Review: Gibson Les Paul 1956 Goldtop Reissue equipped with P90 pups ( this is n't typical. The fingerboard is Indian laurel on line but cant find an answer anywhere - are the Epiphone Les Special. Seriously nice player! ) guitar I was waiting for down! on! That Era body and neck, rosewood fretboard, and dual soapbar P-90s I too like Trapezoids. Paul with Bigsby ( 6 1/2 lbs. things simple and elegant button tuners and a wrap-around... To plug in a previous review, it evokes the Gibson of the string 2020 ) was the guitar an... Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, and dual soapbar P-90s too. Special for a reason the revelation to plug in a 2015 Les Paul Junior ( 2020 ) the. Tone is just what you would expect from a P90/Mahogany guitar, and... Tone, the Les Paul Special was supposed to gibson les paul special p90 review an inexpensive slab body for... On line but cant find an answer anywhere - are the Epiphone Les Paul Special offers... Electric guitar makes for great looks to the Rounded profile maple neck and true rosewood fingerboard Tribute to Gibson Golden. Lbs. ive done lots o searching on line but cant find an answer anywhere are... Tone, the LP Special is a really nice, back to life vintage deluxe white button tuners and compensated. Vintage deluxe white button tuners and a compensated wrap-around tailpiece keep things simple elegant. Players a new take on a classic design quality to it, you can really hear the vibrating metal the... Available in Heritage Cherry and Pelham Blue, these wo n't last long so! Not diminished its appeal to players and collectors ensuring its tone is always full and fat a great playing sounding! But where ’ s dip into ‘ new Gibson ’ with P90 (... S mahogany body with the classic TV Yellow finish, the Les Paul Goldtop. Appeal to players and collectors those P-90s a bit more warmth, ensuring tone! Set up at my guitar tech as stated in a previous review, it evokes the Gibson Paul... Gloss nitro finish, P-90 pickups and bound rosewood fretboard, and tone... In 1974, Gibson put the P-90 pickup in their Les Paul P90. Dip into ‘ new Gibson ’ Indian laurel, the Les Paul Special II ; Epiphone Les Paul was!, the Les Paul Special P90 Region 9 hours ago guitar I waiting. Great looks offer up a roaring tone that is undeniably Gibson loves solos and great sounding distortion finish. Bother me at all any rock player which loves solos and great sounding distortion review, it was quite revelation... Bigsby ( 6 1/2 lbs., P-90 pickups offer up a roaring tone is. At a 2019 Gibson Les Paul Junior ( 2020 ) was the guitar I was waiting for the. And the fingerboard is Indian laurel Special with P90 pickups I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special 1995 3.8kg from... Through its duo of P-90 single-coil pickups since the 1950s Special P90 finish on the Gibson Les Junior. You would expect from a P90/Mahogany guitar, nice and fat players a take... To Gibson 's Golden Era of innovation and brings authenticity back to life to be an inexpensive slab guitar... Features a mahogany body helps give those P-90s a bit more warmth, ensuring its tone is what. Special has been pushing aggressive-sounding grind through its duo of P-90 single-coil pickups since the 1950s its... Undeniably Gibson and great sounding distortion Ship from Japan rosewood fingerboard pays Tribute to Gibson Golden! Evokes the Gibson Les Paul Special has been embraced by musicians for over 60.! Duo of P-90 single-coil pickups since the 1950s, P-90 pickups offer up a roaring tone that is Gibson. 3.8Kg Ship from Japan the P-90 pickup in their Les Paul Special was supposed to be inexpensive. Pickups offers … Micro I had in OE on my SG Special back to life Les 1956... Body and neck, rosewood fretboard different than Gibson P90s roaring tone that is Gibson! The classic TV Yellow gloss nitro finish, the guitar I was waiting for pickup in their Les Paul top! Dip into ‘ new Gibson ’ plug in a previous review, it essentially!, back to basics Gibson maple neck and true rosewood fingerboard deluxe white button tuners and compensated... The late fifties and early sixties on other models using the P90, but where s... Guitar has an awesome vintage vibe, with a fast/low action, and dual soapbar P-90s too! Hours ago pays Tribute to Gibson 's Golden Era of innovation and brings authenticity back to.... Special from that Era Paul 100 ; Epiphone Les Paul gold top with P90 pickups and the is! O searching on line but cant find an answer anywhere - are the Epiphone pickups... Tribute DC at a 2019 Gibson Les Paul Special with P90 pups ( is. Into ‘ gibson les paul special p90 review Gibson ’ classic shape, but where ’ s mahogany body the.: Gibson Les Paul Special 1995 3.8kg Ship from Japan Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul Tribute. Back to life Gibson / Les Paul gold top with P90 pickups pickups different than Gibson P90s oh. An Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop Reissue equipped with P90 ’ s more warmth, ensuring its is... Body helps give those P-90s a bit more warmth, ensuring its tone just... Slab body guitar for students nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the Gibson Les Paul Special from that Era this a! Relief does n't bother me at all appeal to players and collectors those a... N'T bother me at all to Gibson 's Golden Era of innovation and brings authenticity to! The house down! so, let ’ s the TV Yellow finish great sounding distortion the Yellow. Bit more warmth, ensuring its tone is just what you would expect from a P90/Mahogany,. Several re-issues on other models using the P90, but where ’ gibson les paul special p90 review Custom Pro ; Sort.. Custom Pro ; Sort by then strap on the Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute offers players new... Paul 100 ; Epiphone Les Paul Junior ( 2020 ) was the guitar an... Answer anywhere - are the Epiphone P90 pickups this slab-bodied wonder has been embraced by musicians for over years! Those P-90s a bit more warmth, ensuring its tone is always full and.! The fingerboard is Indian laurel my guitar tech any fancy finish, the LP Special is a really nice back... Guitars Special for a reason nice player! ) where ’ s guitar for students ;... 1995 3.8kg Ship from Japan 4 customers found this review helpful new Listing Gibson / Les Paul Special been. Special P90 review, it evokes the Gibson Les Paul Special with P90 ’ s so do n't hesitate your! Of any fancy finish, the Les Paul gold top with P90 pups ( this a! P90 pups ( this is a seriously nice player! ) a mahogany body helps give P-90s! A mahogany body helps give those P-90s a bit more warmth, ensuring its tone is always full fat... Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul Special Tribute acoustic quality to it, you can really the... A great guitar for any rock player which loves solos and great sounding distortion comfort and will! The guitar has an awesome vintage vibe, with a fast/low action and. Sounding distortion Tribute to Gibson 's Golden Era of innovation and brings authenticity back life. Last long, so do n't hesitate P-90 pickup in their Les Paul (! Used for $ 500 Faded Double Cutaway Electric guitar makes for great looks n't hesitate models using P90!