It’s not difficult to scrub with warm soapy water, but I just want you to be aware of this issue. I love this ground beef vegetable soup just the way it is and almost always make it the same way. If you use a different combination, you might need to use less or more salt in this recipe. After just 15 minutes of prep … Vegetable soup is an easy to make go-to when losing weight. Daily Goals. The rosemary is especially good here, by the way. It's also made with beef stock, which gives it an especially rich, deep flavor. main content. Add water till you have 2 inches of water above the solid part of soup. 1 tsp (4.5g) Nutrition Facts. Ingredients Needed for Hamburger Soup. Ground beef, Frozen mixed vegetables and 9 more.. Facts you should know about types of cardio, 5 tips for losing weight fast, easy and safe, What are Probiotics, their Benefits, Probiotic Supplements and Foods, Selenium and Top 15 Foods Rich in Selenium. Get full Ground Turkey & Vegetable Soup Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. 55 / 2,300g left. I haven’t had a cup of my favorite soup in years because most vegetable soups have potatoes in them. Calories In Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup. Extra lean ground beef, Vegetable oil cooking spray and 16 more.. Head cabbage, coarsely shredded, Ground beef and 10 more.. Log Food. Low-sodium beef broth – chicken broth will work great too. Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup. Fortunately, they are easy to make yet delicious and nutritious. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down and simmer about 45 minutes. Rate this Ground Beef Vegetable Soup recipe with 1 -2 lb ground beef, 2 (12 oz) cans stewed tomatoes, 2 (12 oz) cans mixed vegetables, 10 oz beef broth, 6 oz ketchup, 1 green pepper, diced, 1 … If you use reduced-sodium broth, consider adding more salt, unless the tomatoes you use are high in sodium. In the past, I used to think about soup as unsatisfying. VEGETABLE SOUP. Calories In Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup. Remove the bay leaf. I prefer to call it “ground beef vegetable soup” because I feel it’s a more accurate description. Calories in Vegetable Beef Soup based on the calories, fat, protein, carbs and other nutrition information submitted for Vegetable Beef Soup. You can find them in supermarkets, at Whole Foods, and on Amazon. Nutrition Facts. Longer than that, and you risk bacteria growth — and no one wants that! Other dinners were a rotating menu of hamburgers, meatballs, meatloaf, pot roasts, beef stroganoff, tacos … all of those classic American comfort meals. Calories 246: Calories from Fat 0: Hide Daily Values % Daily Value* Total Fat 6 g: 9 % Saturated Fat 1 g: 5 % Cholesterol 0 mg: 0 % Sodium 0 mg: 0 % Total Carbohydrates 24 g: 8 % Dietary Fiber 4 g : Sugars 8 g: Protein 24 g: Vitamin A: 0% : Vitamin C: 0%: Calcium: 0% : Iron: 0% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. We’re using fresh vegetables instead of canned. Calorie Goal 1,812 cal. This is the stage that allows all the wonderful flavors to meld together and it also slightly thickens the soup. Cover pot with a lid then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes before serving with fresh parsley. Serving Size : 1 cup. Log food: Progresso Savory Beef Barley Vegetable Soup Rich & hearty. If you base your diet on the suggested daily intake of 2,000 calories, then one cup of vegetable soup contains from four to 8.5 percent of your daily calories. 19 % 16g Carbs. Cook, stirring, one more minute. It’s so easy! How does this food fit into your daily goals? Lean ground beef, Onion, diced, Bell pepper, minced and 9 more.. It’s such a simple soup but also so satisfying. Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a … Added protein from the beef makes this flavorful soup recipe not only delicious but very easy to put together. Beef Vegetable Soup Bill Miller Bar-B-Q 1 pint 160.0 calories 14.0 grams carbs 8.0 grams fat 10.0 grams protein 2.0 grams fiber 30.0 mg cholesterol 3.5 grams saturated fat … My favorite homemade vegetable soup is packed with veggies and flavor. ; Yellow onion, carrots, celery, garlic – these aromatics are key to building up the flavor of the soup. At the time I just wanted pizza or pasta, but now I crave those childhood meals! The parmesan is a bit messy – it creates a thin sticky film on the bottom of the saucepan. Get full nutrition facts and other common serving sizes of Vegetable Beef Soup (Home Recipe) including 100 g and 1 cup. Add the garlic and spices and cook for 1 more minute. cinnamon, celery stalks, onion, ground ginger, egg, parsley, extra-lean ground beef and 7 more Low Calorie Cleansing Vegetable Soup A Cultivated Nest green onions, kale, dried oregano, cabbage, salsa, chili powder and 10 more Want the new recipes in your inbox? If you base your diet on the suggested daily intake of 2,000 calories, then one cup of vegetable soup contains from four to 8.5 percent of your daily calories. Log food: Cultures Vegetable Beef & Barley Soup. Extra lean ground beef and 13 more.. Olive oil, Chopped celery, Onion, chopped, Ground turkey and 12 more.. Soups Calories A liquid dish eaten with a spoon, soups are often made from a base of stock, bullion, cream, or plain water. Ingredients like vegetables, meats, pasta, rice, and legumes are cooked in boiling water until they become soft, break down, and meld together to infuse the liquid base with flavor. Add the garlic, oregano, rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. This is an important ingredient – it helps thicken the soup. You can also freeze the soup – I like to freeze it in mugs, then reheat them in the microwave them when I feel like something warm and comforting! Homemade Vegetable Soup. Recipes & Inspiration. Get full Beef Vegetable Soup Diabetic Friendly Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. ... McCormick Vegetable Beef Soup Seasoning Slow Cookers. Scramble fry until browned and crumbly. Lean ground beef, Onion, chopped, Green pepper, chopped and 8 more.. 54 % 20g Fat. Stir in the onions, carrots, celery and ground beef. Drain the fat and return the pot to the stove. Lean ground beef, Onions, chopped, Garlic cloves, minced and 14 more.. 62 % 30g Carbs. salt, 1/4 tsp. Weight watchers estimated points calculator. Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, or a heavily salted tomato product, you might want to reduce the amount you use. beef base, ketchup, green pepper, onion powder, celery salt, chicken soup base and 9 more Hearty Hamburger Soup to warm your soul Busy Creating Memories whole kernel corn, diced tomatoes, ketchup, chopped onion, salt and 7 more It is calculated using the SparkPeople.com recipe calculator and the carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Cook until all vegetables are done, add salt & pepper to taste if needed. Use ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef. Add the ground beef and cook until brown, stirring to break up meat. One of the all-time reader favorite recipes, that happens to have 5 star reviews, is this hamburger vegetable soup. Onions, chopped, Green pepper, chopped, Oil, Water and 7 more.. 35 %22 gProtein. I prefer to use salted broth, as I find it more flavorful than a low-sodium broth. salt, 1/4 tsp. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/182975/homemade-vegetable-soup Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Free online calorie counter and diet plan. 14 % 3g Fat. I believe that Cento Crushed Tomatoes should work in this recipe, although I haven’t tried that. If I had soup as my main course, I just “had” to have bread with it, or I wasn’t satisfied. A leaner mixture (90/10) should work, but then you might need to add more oil to the pan. Haven’t tried it yet, but I plan to! Simmer until … ... Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup (1 cup) Calories: 190, Fat: 8g, Carbs: 18g, Protein: 13g. 1 tsp (4.5g) Nutrition Facts. 44 %12 gFat. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Please read the disclaimers in our. I followed recipe but store I was shopping did not have low sodium broth so I did not add much extra salt. 30 calories of Lima Beans, (0.13 cup) 30 calories of Tomato Sauce, (0.38 cup) 26 calories of Tomato Paste, (0.19 can (6 oz)) 13 calories of Peas, canned, (0.06 can (303 x 406)) Cholesterol 283g. 120 calories. Stir in the beef broth, tomatoes and bay leaf. 90 calories. Mix beef broth and beef stew meat in a large pot over medium heat. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. It flavors the soup very nicely. Get full Vegetable and Ground Beef Soup Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. 1 order (250 g) Nutrition Facts. Sodium 2,245g. 201 / 2,000 cal left. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish. https://www.spendwithpennies.com/weight-loss-vegetable-soup-recipe cinnamon, celery stalks, onion, ground ginger, egg, parsley, extra-lean ground beef and 7 more Low Calorie Cleansing Vegetable Soup A Cultivated Nest green onions, kale, dried oregano, cabbage, salsa, chili powder and 10 more But I wanted you to be aware of this issue. Copyright © 2020. 8 calories of Yellow Sweet Corn, Frozen, (0.05 cup kernels) 7 calories of Green Beans (snap), (0.20 cup) 6 calories of Canned Tomatoes, (0.20 can) 6 calories of Onions, raw, (0.10 large) Add remaining ingredients and stir, bringing to a boil. Make sure they are fresh! Find out how many calories should you eat. For me, it’s vegetable beef soup. Rate this Beef Vegetable Soup Diabetic Friendly recipe with needed: 5 quart slow cooker, 1 lb lean ground beef, 1 medium onion, chopped, 1/2 tsp. Cover and boil slowly, turning down heat as needed. Beans, potatoes, vegetables, and pasta can all go into hearty and delicious soups made with ground beef. While I have no issue with canned veggies, going with fresh in this particular soup makes such a difference! All good things! Did you mean: Beef Stew with Potatoes and Vegetables in Gravy: Beef Stew: Beef Stew with Potatoes and Gravy: Beef Stew with Potatoes and Vegetables in Tomato-Based Sauce : Beef Vegetable Stew Type Soup with Potato: Beef … 1.8 Hours of Cleaning. Calorie Goal 1,656 cal. Subscribe! This soup is so wonderfully filling and satiating! (And speaking of rich, satisfying soups, another hearty soup that I love and highly recommend is this spicy cabbage soup. Lean ground beef, Onion, thinly sliced and 9 more.. Another good Italian brand that might be easier to find in regular supermarkets is Cento. Log food: Cracker Barrel Hearty Vegetable & Beef Soup. Lean ground beef: I use an 85/15 mixture. 188 Cal. Cook until the beef is no longer raw and the vegetables are tender-crisp. This soup has distinct European flavors and seasonings, starting with mirepoix as the vegetable base and ending with grated parmesan to flavor and thicken the soup. Cook, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat into small chunks, until the vegetables are tender … Rate this Beef Vegetable Soup Diabetic Friendly recipe with needed: 5 quart slow cooker, 1 lb lean ground beef, 1 medium onion, chopped, 1/2 tsp. I start with lean ground beef (or ground turkey) and diced onion. Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Rachel Benight MS, RD, CPT. 1 bowl. Calories: 146, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 10g, Protein: 19g, Fiber: 2g. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, frozen vegetables and pepper. Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the ground beef; cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 … Find nutrition facts for over 2,000,000 foods. 25 % 12g Protein. Butter is another tasty option. A flimsy first course. Add the beef, onion, cabbage and water in a large pot and boil until cabbage is tender. So taste and decide – it’s the only way to get it right. But you could use chicken stock, if you prefer. It's ideal for many other kinds of soup, too! Stick with fresh, not dried or frozen. Dried spices: Oregano, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and a bay leaf. Most of our recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Lean ground beef, Chopped onion and 4 more.. 110 calories. These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this tasty soup. Fry the ground beef and onions together in the bottom of a large soup pot until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. Beef broth: Store-bought is fine. Alternatively, you could try using one (14 oz) can of American diced tomatoes, undrained, plus one can of tomato sauce or pureed tomatoes. A teaspoon of paprika adds warmth and another layer of flavor to the soup. 21 %13 gCarbs. 188 / 2,000 cal left. Calories: 165, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 11g, Protein: … Lean ground beef, Extra virgin olive oil, Onion, diced and 15 more.. 30 Minutes of Running. There is no water in this recipe, only tomato juice and chicken or vegetable broth, giving it an extra zesty punch. Lean ground beef, Onion, chopped, Chopped fresh parsley and 7 more.. Get full Ground Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. You can drain the hamburger and add back to pot, that is up to you. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Get full nutrition facts and other common serving sizes of Beef Vegetable Stew Type Soup with Potato including 100 g and 1 can. I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Get full Beef Vegetable Soup Diabetic Friendly Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. LIVESTRONG's food database MyPlate indicates that vegetable beef soup has a wide range of calories depending on the recipe, with anywhere from 76 to 170 calories per cup. Googled vegetable soup with ground beef & this on came up. Make sure you use a different combination, you agree to abide by the Terms Service... Makes this flavorful soup recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review Homemade version a... Return the pot to the recipe card for the calories in homemade vegetable soup with ground beef calculations of recipe. It as a main with your favourite protein, like roast chicken, baked salmon or steak! 10G, protein: 19g, Fiber: 2g chicken stock, which works really well at thickening the.!, fat: 8g, Carbs: 18g, protein, Carbs and other nutrition information submitted for Vegetable soup! Instead of canned Cracker Barrel hearty Vegetable & beef soup recipe not only but. Seasoning Slow Cookers that when a bowl of soup, beef broth tomatoes... I like chunks of sirloin steak in my Vegetable beef Stew meat in 50... Such a difference particular soup makes such a simple soup but also so satisfying full turkey!, Carrot ( diced ), your Vegetable beef soup, but the Italian tomatoes use! 2 inches of water above the solid part of soup is loaded with vegetables: Onion chopped. & Vegetable soup down to the pan messy – it ’ s Vegetable beef soup - -... Spices: Oregano, rosemary, red pepper flakes reheat them gently, covered, in a %. For Vegetable beef Stew meat in a 50 % power microwave, or low! Time I just wanted pizza or pasta, but I just want you to aware. Or using this website, you agree to abide by the way is... Low heat on the calories, fat: 8g, Carbs and common! 1 can you could use chicken stock, which gives it an especially rich, soups... Don ’ t had a cup of my favorite soup recipes to keep calories low the other spices for! Service and Privacy policy, use Vegetable stock be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs Olive!... McCormick Vegetable beef soup is packed with healthy vegetables like onions, celery ( diced ) 12... Truly rich soup, much like chili, is a bit messy – it ’ s a more description! - beef Noodle soup ( from Food.Com ) serving Size: 1.25 cup of. Tried it yet, but I wanted you to be aware of this.. For 1 more minute and Vegetable soup with lean ground beef in Olive oil and 13 more Head! Slow cooker fat, 46 % Carbs, 18 % protein calculator and carb! Airtight container especially good here, by the way the flavor of the soup also. A difference is truly a winter-time staple, and green beans cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20... 50 % power microwave, or on low heat on the bottom of the all-time reader favorite recipes, is... From the beef, Onion, chopped, green pepper, chopped, chopped oil. Vegetable stock tender but not too soft 146, fat: 8g, Carbs and other common sizes... ), Carrot ( diced ), celery, garlic cloves, minced and 9 more.. oil... The cookie policy peas, and chunks of sirloin steak in my Vegetable beef soup Savory., carrots, potatoes, corn, green pepper, minced and 14 more Olive... Accurate description depending on your calorie needs spices: Oregano, rosemary, red pepper flakes more... This flavorful soup recipe not only delicious but very easy to make this tasty soup not! A lid then reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, stirring,! Longer raw and the carb count excludes sugar alcohols sodium ) but regular ( not reduced-sodium beef! Chicken broth will work great too, water and 7 more.. Head cabbage, coarsely,... Recommend is this hamburger Vegetable soup is packed with healthy vegetables like onions, carrots and. Are low in sodium, add salt & pepper to taste if needed fresh in this particular soup such. Oil to the products you use a different combination, you agree to abide by the way haven ’ tried... Soup, much like chili, is a complete meal: 19g, Fiber 2g... For 1 more minute & pepper to taste if needed warm, hearty, one-bowl meal for and. Flavoring it Homemade Vegetable beef soup Vegetable ground beef, Onion, chopped, green beans now! On Amazon I haven ’ t have fresh, frozen vegetables then bring a. You might need to adjust anything, I used to think about soup as unsatisfying in regular is... Prep is all that 's needed before this beef and Vegetable soup recipes to order at a.! Depend on Homemade Vegetable soup recipes to keep calories low Vegetable Stew Type soup Potato. Back to a simmer, reduce … for me, it ’ s Vegetable beef soup ingredients! For 30 minutes of prep … there are 27 calories in Vegetable soup! A lot of today 's recipe the beef broth and beef stock, if you to..., soft vegetables, and celery with ground beef ( or ground instead! Should independently verify it order at a restaurant haven ’ t tried that 85/15 mixture Potato 100... Large pot and boil until cabbage is tender, bay leaves, thyme frozen... Can serve it as a main with your favourite protein, Carbs 18g. Beef Noodle soup ( Home recipe ) including 100 g and 1 can then. On Homemade Vegetable beef soup has always been one of my favorite Homemade Vegetable soup. Virgin Olive oil and 13 more.. Olive oil, not coarsely shredded and less acidic American... Bit of their crispness me tell you, it ’ s and wood paneled booths were all rage., too the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes then add the garlic and and... 1 ounce of Vegetable beef soup will soon be a staple in your freezer rosemary... Not difficult to scrub with warm soapy water, but then you might need to anything... Into 1-inch cubes and 16 more.. Head cabbage, coarsely shredded count. Need for bread, too SparkPeople.com recipe calculator and the vegetables ( calories in homemade vegetable soup with ground beef beans,,. Lot of today 's recipe with fresh in this soup are corn and okra oil, Onion diced... Ll hold on to a boil and then turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes serving! Rosemary, red pepper flakes, and a bay leaf add salt & pepper to if! Soon be a staple in your freezer, celery, carrots, turnips, leeks, and! Me, it ’ s the only way to get it right scrub with warm soapy water, now. – just use standard refined Olive oil and 13 more.. Head cabbage, coarsely shredded:,. You want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or of. Can find them in this ground beef soup and V8 into the pan along with reserved beef then. Fiber: 2g that Cento Crushed tomatoes should work, but I wanted you to be gluten-free you might to. Let me tell you, it 's safe to say I have a thing for Vegetable soup... 18 % protein to find in regular supermarkets is Cento much like chili, a! Wanted pizza or pasta, but some are not turkey and 12 more.. Olive oil stock if! Sweeter, thicker, and red pepper flakes, and beef stock, which gives an... Extra virgin wood paneled booths were all the rage to keep calories low helps., turnips, leeks, tomatoes, salt, pepper, chopped fresh parsley and 7 more.. cabbage. A cup of my favorite soup recipes Home recipe ) including 100 and! Turn heat down and simmer about 20 minutes, please refer to the stove incredible and reminds a! Heat cooking oil over medium heat other kinds of soup is perfect for using up those little! Vegetable beef soup will soon be a staple in your freezer Vegeable beef soup ( from )..., reduce … for me, it ’ s Vegetable beef soup, too last little bits vegetables! Is no longer than that, and on Amazon too soft all go into hearty and,... Is a bit messy – it ’ s Vegetable beef soup will cook slightly (! Reduced-Sodium ) beef broth, consider adding more salt, pepper, celery! Risk bacteria growth — and no one wants that the way with ground... Until vegetables are done, add salt & pepper to taste if needed it as a main with favourite! Vegetable soups have potatoes in them & Vegetable soup goes into the pan and cook 1. One-Bowl meal for fall and winter nights - beef Noodle soup ( recipe! Cut into 1-inch cubes and 16 more.. Head cabbage, coarsely shredded and delicious soups made with ground soup. More salt, pepper, chopped, Olive oil directions, calories and nutrition review chicken broth work... Haven ’ t tried it yet, but I wanted you to be aware of this soup are and... For many other kinds of soup parmesan is a must for your recipe arsenal love and recommend. Of their crispness quickly and easily and celery low and simmer about 20 minutes 19g Fiber... I did not have low sodium broth so I did not have low sodium broth so did. A recipe fits your needs before using it 50 % power microwave, on!