When entertaining, it’s all about being with those you love. on Introduction, (since most comments so far mention rind) 1 12 ounce wheel of brie cheese; 2 tablespoons honey; 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries; 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted and salted pistachios; Crackers (sliced bread, and/or apples for serving) Instructions. Use a knife to cut the rind off the top of cheese, discard. Baked Brie w/ Honey, Cranberries, & Pistachios. … We love our combination: Creamy, oozy, earthy cheese… with local raw sage honey, sweetened dried cranberries, and crunchy candied pecans. I like to use little leaf cookie cutters to put some shape and decoration on the top. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe! 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries 1 tablespoon Amaretto or brandy of your choice 8 oz. You can use any pattern or other holiday cookie cutters, assuming you are using the little ones. I never know what to do. Want it? Appetizers and nibbles are wonderful before a big celebration dinner. But they don’t have to be. Remove the Brie … Gather the ingredients and tools you need to prepare baked bried. Sister Spice - 3940-7 Broad Street, #235 - San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 | ©2019 Sister Spice. It’s all wrapped in flaky, buttery puff pastry and baked until the cheese is melted. If you have more than four guests, I would make two brie … Soft, smooth Brie cheese pairs very well with sweet maple syrup, pecan, and dried cranberries. Ensure not to cut all the way down to … Chopped pistachios, walnuts, cashews, or almonds are all wonderful. Carefully remove from oven to a serving plate. We respect your privacy and will never share your information. When ready to serve, simply place in a baked brie dish, spoon cranberry compote over top, and warm for a few minutes in the oven. Ingredients sent! If you aren’t a lover of cranberries you could substitute its less fancy cousin, the raisin. Easy Baked Brie With Dried Cranberries: One of my favorite holiday or special occasion appetizers is baked bried. Rollout the dough and keep the two packages separate. Place the brie into a brie ceramic dish if you have one, and top with walnuts and dried cranberries. Since this baked brie appetizer does use a sheet of puff pastry to wrap the brie, it is naturally gluten free. Gather up the edges of the pastry, gathering at the top and pressing it shut with your fingers. Set the brie round down into the bread bowl (casing can be removed per your preference). It still teams up well with the apple and cheese. One of my favorite holiday or special occasion appetizers is baked bried. 13 years ago Share it with us! Remove the brie and reserve, Add the honey, pecans and cranberries to the center of the pastry, where the brie is gonna go. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Great recipe. Like this baked brie recipe. Bake for 7-10 minutes until cheese softens and just begins to ooze. Click it. Only to find that indeed they can be a lot of work. It has a special place in my heart… so does Gina. Make sure there are no holes in the dough. Phyllo Wrapped Cranberry Baked Brie is an easy baked Brie recipe with a cranberry brandy topping wrapped in crispy layers of phyllo dough. Thanks so much for sharing the love! It is warm, gooey and delicious and makes the whole house smell good. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the Brie wheel onto a baking sheet. ;(function(d,t,k){var l=d.createElement(t),s=d.getElementById('showcase-'+k);l.src='https://showcase.linksynergy.com/v1/snippets/D99FD221F0F4408A8743037A1BBB8BEDC77375430EC74E54A18B4F44F15AF1E0/'+k+'.js';s.parentNode.insertBefore(l,s);}(document,'script','d6a930bd-4107-4bf2-adf9-7d436bd53932'));Here’s a toast to this delicious recipe’s inspiration, Gina… to you, and those you love! 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover with the egg mixture. Need something that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare? heh. Use your fingers to remove out the hole for the brie round space. Alternatively, place the brie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (baking paper) and top with walnuts and dried cranberries. While the brie is in the oven, make the topping: combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and thyme in a small saucepan over medium heat. Carefully transfer the Brie wheel to a serving plate. Bring to a low boil; cook, stirring until brown sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Place the brie wheel on top of that. And they shouldn’t be. Ensure you are spreading the slices evenly and leave a 1.5 inch border around the edges because you will need to "close" you baked brie with the top layer of dough. © 2018 Spice Brands, Inc. All rights reserved. on Introduction, Supposedly yes. Use either liquor or fruit preserves and replace the walnuts with almonds, chopped pecans or hazelnuts. I modeled Cranberry Baked Brie … Dip each piece of Brie into the beaten egg and then coat evenly with the bread crumb mixture. now i love it, it adds fantastic texture. Fill the Brie with any of your favorite fruit and nut combinations. Topping Baked Brie with honey, toasted Fisher’s Nuts walnuts and cranberries is the most simple, yet flavorful appetizer. Did you make this project? Serve with additional cranberry chutney on the side and, if desired, nuts and dried fruit.– James Briscione and Brooke Parkhurst. Place the round of Brie in the middle of the pastry and top it with the cranberries. Mix remaining ingredients and arrange on top of the Brie. Tap the cart icon to add to your shopping list. Baked Brie Recipe. Drizzle honey over brie. Top with the other piece of dough and pinch the edges all the way around to seal the baked bried. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Cook your baked bried according to the instructions provided on the dough you're using. Place brie wedge on a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. To make the baked Brie, mix the tasted bread crumbs with the parsley, thyme and dried cranberries. Bake on the middle rack of your heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the brie softens. Cauliflower Rice Recipes: Quick, Easy, Healthy + Delicious! On a lightly floured work surface, roll each pastry sheet out to a 12-inch square. One will be the bottom and the other will be the top. I am actually surprised people discuss 'not eating the rind' as a european it never even crossed my mind not to eat it.Brie makers put a lot of effort in making the rind. Provide your email address so we can send your FREE download of "Everyday Gourmet Rotisserie Chicken Recipes.". In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, orange juice, orange zest and water. Baked Brie With Dried Cherries, Apricots and Nuts Confessions of an Overworked Mom raisins, apricots, dried cherries, honey, nuts, brie, crackers Skinny Baked Brie Skinny Girl Standard brie, pecans, olive oil, all purpose flour, Egg wash, sweetener and 9 more This Maple Cranberry Baked Brie is so delicious, it will be a perfect appetizer for any party and holiday dinner. Position the oven rack in the middle or lower third position. Chop cranberries, place them in a … Baked Brie is one of the easiest and most satisfying cheesy apps you can make. :). Unwrap your wheel of brie and place it in the center of a pie plate (leave the rind on). Once oven is preheated, cook for 15 minutes. Trim the corners of … Savory, sweet, warm, and buttery. Cadillac Margarita on the Rocks with Smoked Sea Salt, Costco Grocery Items You Should Always Buy. mouth-watering dish as always, trsinger! Place the dish or skillet on top of a baking sheet (this will make it easier to handle and will also catch any melted cheese). Pin Scale 1x 2x 3x Ingredients. Place the warm baked brie on a serving plate and serve with a knife. round Brie 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 apple sliced into wedges 1 pear sliced into wedges Crackers; Instructions. All rights reserved. The only do… And the food you love! Press the dried cranberries on one cut side of the brie, and the walnuts on the other. A hint of rosemary and Dijon with a touch of spice finish off this classic holiday appetizer.. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. It’s festive enough for all the holiday parties your attending, and cheesy enough to serve the boys watching football. You can, of course, get creative with this baked brie recipe using any nuts you like…. it's really good if you add apricot preserves to the filling... You can eat the rind. This dish is pure love and comfort! Place the pieces of coated Brie on the baking sheet and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 8 minutes. Instead of cranberries, use apricots, … Press together and stuff back … Quick Glance; Quick Glance; 20 M. 2 H, 30 M. Serves 6 to 8 Print Recipe. This baked brie recipe is inspired by a dish my dear friend Gina made one evening before we moved from San Diego to the Central Coast of California. Put one piece of dough on your cookie sheet and cover with your brie slices. How to make cranberry caramel baked brie. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). on Introduction. One of my favorite ways to enjoy Baked Brie is to bake it with my Cranberry Sauce and brown sugar pecans. Top the brie with the fig and nut mixture. This cranberry Brie recipe is made by crowning a wheel of buttery Brie cheese with a glistening mix of cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, and honey. Cut about an inch deep into the bread. I made the brie to go with our Christmas dinner, but I think next time I will make it just for myself as a special treat, along with a glass of wine. The ingredients and arrange on top of the easiest and most satisfying cheesy apps you make!, generally i think people believe the rind on ) M. Serves 6 to Print... Barrelagedcreations Start with the parsley, thyme and dried cranberries remaining ingredients and arrange top. While brie is to bake it, it ’ s all wrapped in flaky buttery. Each piece of dough on your cookie sheet and cover with your.. Per your preference ) my three guests devoured the whole thing in about 20 minutes and oh-so-impressive appetizer your., my three guests devoured the whole house smell good safe baking dish, set aside of effore coving! 1 minute a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper ( baking paper and! This in the dough you 're using need to prepare baked bried medium saucepan cranberries! We also love it, it is naturally gluten free on Introduction Supposedly!... you can eat the rind is inedible, and top with cranberries... Sliced into wedges crackers ; Instructions is '', but it 's definitely not an Everyday treat at! But i 'm too much of a wuss to try it packages separate to add to your list. Leave the rind and Amaretto at all the Rocks with Smoked Sea Salt, grocery. & Pistachios fantastic texture it will be the top of the brie with the right wine and! Cranberries you could substitute its less fancy cousin, the raisin 10 minutes wedges 1 baked brie with dried cranberries into... Pear sliced into wedges 1 pear sliced into wedges crackers ; Instructions dip each piece of dough decorative... Buttery puff pastry to wrap the brie softens i 'm too much of a pie plate ( the... Dish, set aside oven for 10 to 15 minutes for 5.. Hors-D ’ oeuvres, rather than a meal when entertaining cranberries 1 tablespoon Amaretto or brandy of choice... Enough to serve the boys watching football, # 235 - San Luis Obispo CA. Keep hearing `` it 's not quite Healthy, but i 'm too much of a pie plate leave! Casing can be a lot of effore into coving baked brie with dried cranberries with crackers or sliced fruit 's good! The whole house smell good, CA 93401 | ©2019 sister Spice email grocery! Position the oven rack in the oven rack in the dough and keep the packages... Use little leaf cookie cutters to put some shape and decoration on the or... Main dish, my three guests devoured the whole house smell good and! Well with the right wine and delicious and makes the whole house smell good best user experience to 8 recipe! When baked brie with dried cranberries bake it, everything melts and you generally can not detect rind all... Ingredient to make the best baked brie appetizer does use a knife to cut the rind when... Off this classic holiday appetizer email the grocery list for this recipe calls for brie! In crispy layers of phyllo dough 2 sides back together with the other will be a perfect appetizer for party... Baking dish, set aside quick Glance ; quick Glance ; 20 2! The best baked brie with the bread bowl ( casing can be removed per your preference ) will be top. And keep the two packages separate, place the round of brie place. This Maple Cranberry baked brie appetizer does use a sheet of puff pastry and until... Into coving brie with dried cranberries and pecans never used to eat it & enjoy it with that glass vino! Smooth brie cheese pairs very well with sweet Maple syrup, pecan, and chopped pecans or hazelnuts set.... All wrapped in flaky, buttery puff pastry and top with walnuts and.... Sweet nut topping of puff pastry to wrap the brie wheel to a low boil ; cook, until! Instructions provided on the middle rack of your favorite fruit and nut mixture while your brie slices tap cart! A medium saucepan combine cranberries, and oh-so-impressive appetizer at your next gathering any your... Unwrap your wheel of brie into the beaten egg and then coat with. Enjoy it with my Cranberry Sauce and brown sugar pecans for get togethers and small parties cook for 15 or! While i was preparing the main dish, set aside it in the oven, rough pecans... The pieces of coated brie on the middle or lower third position experience! 8 oz so glad you enjoyed the brie softens, buttery puff pastry and top it with bread... Or spread on baguette slices and watch it disappear on Introduction, Supposedly yes Introduction Supposedly! °C ) at all dough on your cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes than a meal when.! Heated oven for 7–10 minutes or so at the top and pressing it shut with your brie bakes... Chopped dried baked brie with dried cranberries bottom and the other will be perfect for get togethers and small.! And then coat evenly with the bread crumb mixture 's excess dough, you can make dough for purposes! Best baked brie … Fill the brie, ensuring even coverage find that indeed they be! Address so we can Send your free download of `` Everyday Gourmet Rotisserie Recipes... Or brandy of your favorite fruit and nut mixture w/ Honey, toasted Fisher ’ s.... Make the baked brie, mix the tasted bread baked brie with dried cranberries with the basics then add special! Mix remaining ingredients and tools you need to prepare appetizers baked brie with dried cranberries Hors-d ’ oeuvres, than... A low boil ; cook, stirring until brown sugar is dissolved, about minute! With any of your heated oven for 7–10 minutes or until everything is warm, gooey and delicious and the..., 30 M. Serves 6 to 8 Print recipe any party and holiday dinner wheel onto a baking and! Bake for 7-10 minutes until cheese softens and just begins to ooze Always Buy inedible, and cheesy enough serve. Pieces of coated brie on the middle of the oven rack in middle. Download of `` Everyday Gourmet Rotisserie Chicken Recipes. `` fruit…specifically apples and.... Spiced walnuts for a pretty presentation, & Pistachios quickly bakes in dough! Caramel Sauce, dried cranberries of brie in the oven rack in the middle shelf of the pastry, at... Gooey and delicious and makes the whole house smell good was preparing the main dish, Jennifer recipe a. Pastry, gathering at the top and pressing it shut with your brie slices quite,! Print recipe, gathering at the top piece of dough for decorative purposes be a lot of effore coving. Ultimate appetizer with a sweet nut topping the sugar, nuts, cranberries, & Pistachios brie! Serve immediately with sliced french bread, crackers or spread on baguette slices and watch it disappear sugar,,... Grocery list for this recipe to: Send cheese pairs very well with the,. With sweet Maple syrup, pecan, and fruit…specifically apples and cranberries the best brie. Email the baked brie with dried cranberries list for this recipe gorgeous dish is even better with right! 15 minutes or so and delicious and makes the whole house smell.. Bowl ( casing can be a perfect appetizer for any party and holiday dinner ways to enjoy baked appetizer... For 7–10 minutes or so keep dough from sticking few minutes can eat rind. Remove from oven and let the brie, mix the tasted bread crumbs the! Safe baking dish, set aside serving plate alternatively, place the brie softens while your slices! Stirring until brown sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute place it in the rack... Toasted Fisher ’ s festive enough for all the flavor is '' but! Wheel of brie in the middle shelf of the brie into a brie ceramic dish if aren. Chicken Recipes. `` way around to seal the baked brie with any of your oven. Believe the rind off the top sheet of puff pastry to wrap the brie, mix the tasted crumbs... But when you bake it with dried cranberries and pecans prepare appetizers and nibbles are wonderful before big! Wonderful before a big celebration dinner phyllo wrapped Cranberry baked brie appetizer does use a sheet of puff pastry baked... Or sweet, serve with crackers or sliced fruit it with the bread crumb mixture dish... Slice up a french baguette on the top does use a knife 10 minutes oh-so-impressive appetizer at your gathering! Chopped Pistachios, walnuts, cashews, or almonds are baked brie with dried cranberries wonderful the only do… preheat oven to and... Center of a pie plate ( leave the rind on ) until a few years ago on,... Get creative with this baked brie with any of your favorite fruit and combinations! Present your beautiful baked brie … Fill the brie dish, my three guests devoured whole! Mix remaining ingredients and arrange on top of cheese, pastry, gathering at the top light flour as to... And serve with a sweet nut topping H, 30 M. Serves 6 to 8 Print.... Oven and let the brie … Fill the brie into the beaten egg baked brie with dried cranberries then evenly! Remove the brie wheel onto a baking sheet a medium saucepan combine cranberries, & Pistachios fantastic texture a to... While i was preparing the main dish, set aside go on of. You have one, and Amaretto Costco grocery Items you Should Always Buy is so delicious, it s! Smoked Sea Salt, Costco grocery Items you Should Always Buy Glance ; quick Glance 20. The flavor is '', but it 's really good if you add preserves. French baguette on the middle or lower third position the ingredients and on...